Before I announce the winners, I wanted to say thanks to every who played. The competition got pretty fierce towards the end as MANY people began to fight it out for the 25 points for “most creative.” Since there were so many good ones, I wanted to share some of them with you:
Bradley (who doesn’t have a blog) runs a used/new online bookstore has decided to drop some goingtoseminary.com business cards in every order for Christian titles he ships:
Andy, from Life at Patience Corners got an entry in at the 9th hour as he sported Going to Seminary on his motorcycle. I even got a chuckle out of the file name, “going-to-seminary-real-fast”
Now all these are great and I appreciate the time and energy you put into it. It was really fun to see what all you came up with. However, I’d have to say that the winner for most creative was actually a tie. These two guys took creativity and ingenuity to the next level. 25 points are awarded to Jake from cafe de soiree who actually made a commercial for the blog:
Also, you’ll notice that I’m now on facebook (thanks to Paul) so, feel free to friend me.
Creative honorable mention goes to Christopher from Rendezvous With God for his going to seminary commercial. However, I suspect that he got his idea after seeing Jakes when I posted it on Facebook and thus I couldn’t award him the creativity points even though I really dug the commercial.
Now, the question on everyone’s mind… who WON?!?!?
The results are as follows:
1. Bradley (no blog) – 60 points – Winner of an iPod Nano
- Made an announcement to 6 of his classes at Liberty
2. Paul (Approaching North) – 33 points – Winner of an iPod shuffle
- Made the Facebook Application, added a banner, and 5 links over 5 days
3. Jake (cafe de soiree) – 32 points – Winner of $25 iTunes card
- Made the commercial, added a banner in his sidebar, added a banner on his links page, wrote a post about the site
4. Jon (Live. Work. Play.) – 29 points – Winner of $25 iTunes card
- One link, one banner, 10 fliers hung on the campus of Fuller, sent me pics of the fliers, announced it his Homiletics class, and passed out fliers to students. For all his hard work and for being so close in points I’ve decided to give Jon a $25 iTunes card as well.
Well, there you have it. The iPods of March competition has come to an end and I’m already plotting for next months competition… what prizes await us in April? I don’t know… However, if your holding your breath for iPods again then get ready to pass out